Tuesday, October 5

stuff.....

For the last 2 weeks, I've been celebrating the blessings of another year in my family's life, notably my dad's, myself & my mom's...
Yeah, our birthdays are right after the other. My mom & I should celebrate together I think, 'cos her birthday's a day apart from mine.
After all the cake & ice cream & dinner out with the family, it's always nice to sit down, relax & reflect & most importantly, have a nice
TOILET BREAK!!!!!!!!
hehe, after all that food, you're bound to do a lot of that!


One thing I like about my camera is that it can take really good night shots.
That & in slow shutter mode, I thought I'd trip on my cam.
I was walking home with my bros from the MRT station, I think it was my birthday & we just had dinner; my parents stopped by a shop to get something & we decided to go ahead; I thought hey, why not take some random shots?
my camera in hand, not really focusing at anything specific except for everything else ahead, I just pressed the button while crossing the road. It isn't anything spectacular, but it kinda stirs my imagination somehow.


Jared has a knack of using my pictures & manipulating them digitally for his personal glory, & if he weren't my brother, I'd sue his ass, even if my pix aren't that great. I'm not a photographer, mind you. I just like fiddling around with my camera; he took this one so now I'm going to credit him even if he doesn't do the same for me in his blog! hehe...
We were on the train on our way home from dinner. We happened to be sitting at the back so we had a nice view of the tunnel & Jared took a picture.
We ate at this Nepalese restaurant in Little India. It was moms birthday. Dinner has never been so good! Nepalese food is a very interesting culinary experience for people who cook, as well as a near orgasmic one for my taste buds; Justin & were curiously examining every taste with each spoonful of food we stuffed into our hungry mouths, wondering what they used in their cooking. If you were there, our conversation would be something like this:
" hey, if you dip your papadam in this sauce, you can taste the cottage cheese! I wonder what they used to give it this color?"
"Really? I thought it was just goat milk yoghurt & spices! Let me try. mmm, yeah!".
Their cooking has a slight Indian influence, apparent in their use of roti's curries & their choice of spices yet possesses a distinct flavor that sets its apart from their distant neighbors. A perfect blend of spices & ingredients topped with good cooking & for lack anything else to say, it was one of the best dinners I've had! Roti's & spiced meat, vegetable dishes & dhall's; I swear, I think anyone will love this!
I tried some tea, a blend of flowers & herbs flown from the Himalayas, no sugar or anything like that, just plain tea. It was sweet on its own! We asked the waiter if they put anything else in it, but he said it was just that. Flowers & herbs, hot water & voila! The effect it had on me was so calming it was better than any drug could ever offer! I was kind of hoping to see patterns forming & swirling colors dancing around, but it was lovely tea nonetheless. I've found yet another hobby! As of now, I'm officially an amateur tea connoisseur!

The 4 of us. There was a slight wind & it was right in my face, so I wasn't looking my best. I hate myself in this picture. Not that I'm good looking or anything but, you know...

No comments: