Monday, February 7

i've been thinkin', but who hasn't?

Lately I've been deep in thought
about many things.
Things that are bothering me;
things, things, things...

I still miss home.

I saw my friend's new picture the other day.
It was taken in one of my old haunts,
& I wanted so badly to be there,
(to be in any place, to bask in its familiarity & comfort i got from knowing that,
this is my world; here, i can be what i want to be, who i want to be)
to sit around, talk & chat, share some jokes;
watch people pass by, minding their own business;
take in the intoxicating aroma of ground coffee, sip some beer,
it's bittersweet-ness, refreshing.

My adopted town, Dumaguete, comes to mind
ever too often & memories of days gone by play back in my head;
a montage of images & video clips lovingly stored in some crevice of my brain.

The consolation is i'm coming back.
So there's lots to look forward to & every day is a step closer so there's no use sulking.
Besides, if life were predictable, it wouldn't be much, would it?
We'd be doing the same things over & over, day in-day out,
till our backs fucking break from all the machine like, 'black-&-white' insanity of it all.

No comments: