Tuesday, January 18

Pantomime.

One of the greatest bands around & one of my most favorite, in my opinion, is Incubus.
I can rant & rave about how their songs & their music have influenced me, both musically & as a person, but hey, let's leave the idolising for later.
Brandon Boyd is a one of a kind, gifted & talented singer/songwriter.
Great voice, nice personality, one whom many aspiring 'rockers'/vocalists like some friends of mine as well as myself worship, & emulate.
For me, I think he falls into the John Lennon, Jim Morisson type of songwriter;
Each possessing a unique, artistic quality that is inherent only among a select few.

This song says a lot about who I am, what I want to be & I what I'm afraid to become... That's how interpret it anyway. Can't get it out of my head, it's stuck, embedded in my cranium, injecting a distant, pleasingly euphoric sensation into my system everytime I hear it...

In my fantasy, I'm a pantomime
I'll just move my hands and everyone sees what I mean
Words are too messy
And it's way past time
To end in my mouth
Paint my face white and try
To reinvent the sea
One wave at a time
Speak without my voice and see the world by candlelight

I ain't afraid to let it out I'm not afraid to take that fall
But I have found beyond all doubt
We say more by saying nothing at all

In my fantasy no such thing as time
Minutes bleed into days
Avant garde
Show me your heresies
And I'll show you mine
We only speak in pantomimes on this carpet ride

I ain't afraid to let it out
I'm not afraid to take that fall
But I have found beyond all doubt
We say more by saying nothing at all

In my fantasy you look good entwined,
In my hair, and skin and spit and sweat and spilt red wine
You're my deep secret
I'm your pantomime
I'll just move my hands
I promise you'll see what I mean
-Pantomime, Incubus

2 comments:

Queenie said...

I love Matchbox 20.

Q

Nicole said...

i agree, incubus rockz!